We’re really going to miss our brother-in-arms (with such long arms!) The Jaguar and wish him the best in his adventures and journeys. The Jaguar served on thud-stick for 2.5 years and helped usher in a time of serious growth for the band. We’ll miss him! (This shan’t be the last time we rock together, mind you.)
But for now, we’re looking for a bass player to fill those big shoes and that big old cape! If you know someone, or are someone who might be interested, please contact us.
We’re looking for someone with potential to be as dedicated as the rest of us not just another name on our long list of fill-ins (though we don’t mind adding to it).
We’d like to play with someone who can eventually treat the band with as much as passion as we do – someone looking for a creative outlet that takes risks musically and otherwise. We’ve all set our lives up in ways conducive to this and need someone willing to do the same.
We need someone with:
- music reading skills (they don’t have to be amazing.)
- sense of humor
- good tone/gear
- low B string
- eclectic tastes
- good sense of when/how to leave space sonically
- flexibility – we do a lot of different stuff. You might have to play with a pick or use effects sometimes.
- the ability to go on the road for 3-4 weeks at a time twice a year (this is growing)
- willingness to rehearse and collaborate regularly and not just “for the gig”
- a desire to make every show as good as it can be
- the sense of when and when not to imbibe
Stuff that helps:
- Singing ability is a huge plus
- Being a female is, too
- Ability to play other instruments – including acoustic upright bass
- Knowledge of sound, lighting, video hardware and software
- Helpful friends/family members especially in other cities
- a love of silent film, sci-fi and comic books
Frank Zappa, Ween, Secret Chiefs 3, NoMeansNo, Pong, Opposite Day, Neko Case, Rev. Horton Heat, Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Raymond Scott, Louis Armstrong, Fairport Convention, Eric Dolphy, Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, early Scorpions, Sonic Youth, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Dead Kennedys, Primus, Bernard Herrmann, Henry Mancini, Buck Owens, Victor Borge, Steve Martin, Simon & Garfunkel, They Might Be Giants, Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Alice in Chains, Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K Dick, Douglas Adams, Scott Aukerman, Scratch Acid, Larry David, Reggie Watts, Star Trek, Star Wars, Iron Maiden, Danny Elfman.
VIDEO of highlights from our March silent film tour:
invincibleczars at gmail dot com